Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to WLC & WCS 5.x

mauramir
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've recently upgraded from 4.2 to 5.0, and started getting these alarms

AP's Interface:0(802.11b) Operation State Up: Base Radio MAC:00:1d:46:fd:f4:b0 Cause=Admin Configured

I've seen some issues with some clients deauthenticating, does this means the radio is actually going down or is just a bug? The alarms is showing up all day longs.

Appreciate your help.

3 Replies 3

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

I am not sure. I will look into it. It appears you have become the first christian thrown to the lions and they are hungry. I wouldn't be so alarmed by a state up alarm as you would be if you see a state down alarm. Are you seeing any of those? Also, any disassociation from the controller?

I'm seeing down alarms also, I thought I posted that. There has not been disassociations, what I've seen is that it's happening more frequently on some APs.

and also on 4.2 I'm seeing these messages.

Regards,

Bear in mind there are still alot of open caveats on both 4.2 and 5x. If you are not seeing disassociations and are seeing no major client outages I wouldn't worry too much. If on the other hand the client drops are becoming unbearable I would contact TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card