Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Cluster-ID in RR

arun kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I ve two Route Reflectors for MP-BGP session with multiple clients. All clients are configured under a peer-group. The setup is up and working fine. Now i want to configure cluster-id in the RR's (though its not required in our current setup with one cluster we would require in the future and make it as a standard setup). I heard to configure Cluster-ID in a RR requires BGP peer-group configuration need to be removed prior to that. Are there any prerequisites to be done before configuring Cluster-ID in Route Reflectors?

Thanks in advance..

3 Replies 3

dongdongliu
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

I`m not sure but I think maybe "cle ip bgp* or cle ip bgp peer-group-name" will re-establish connection between bgp peer and do not need remove prior configuration about peer-group after add a cluster-ID.

I`d like to learn this with Arun together.

thanks

dongdong

Hi,

I got the basic prerequisite for configuring Cluster ID in a RR which is running with existing Clients.

"Configuring Cluster ID in RR requires no clients be configured on the RR. If any clients are configured, need to unconfigure it and configure Cluster ID then re-configure the clients".

Anyhow i would like to hear from Pro's are there any more changes to be done for configuring Cluster ID.

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

hi Arun,

As far as I know, cluster-id has to be the same for both RR's to be redundant. Every client should peer with each RR, and

RR's should have the same cluster-id and peer with each other via

iBGP, they should not be clients of each other.

I have a sample config of both peer-group & cluster-id configured. So there seems to be no pre-requisite.

router bgp 100

no synchronization

bgp cluster-id 100

neighbor reflectors peer-group

neighbor reflectors remote-as 1

neighbor reflectors update-source Loopback0

neighbor clients peer-group

neighbor clients remote-as 1

neighbor clients update-source Loopback0

neighbor clients route-reflector-client

neighbor 2.2.2.2 peer-group reflectors

neighbor 3.3.3.3 peer-group clients

neighbor 4.4.4.4 peer-group clients

neighbor 5.5.5.5 peer-group clients

no auto-summary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco