Views
Helpful
Replies

UTA dont find ip phones

steffen.plorin
Level 1
Level 1

He Experts,

we have CISCO ip phones and CCM on our network. UTA do not find one. Please explain what I need to do on phones on call manager and on LMS that UT can find and report them.

Danke Gruss Steffen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can check the Common Services > Software Center > Software Update page for Campus Manager updates late next month. There may also be a notice in the CiscoWorks Product Updates section of the CiscoWorks homepage.

The CCME is also not supported by Campus Manager. Only standard MCS Call Managers are supported for IP phone acquisition.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Before a Cisco IP phone can appear in the Phone Table, it must first be acquired as an end host. For this to happen, the switch to which the phone connects must be properly Data Collected, and appear green with a switch icon on the Topology Map.

Once the phone shows up as an end host, then UT will query all of the Call Managers that have been successfully Data Collected. Therefore, your CCMs must also appear green with the correct CCM icon on the Topology Map. UT will get the ccmPhoneTable from the CISCO-CCM-MIB for each Call Manager, and map MAC address from the phones in the UT Main Table to the phone details in the ccmPhoneTable. Using that mapping, UT will add entries to the Phone Table.

The phones require no configuration at all to make this happen. They just need to be plugged in to managed switches. The CCMs must have SNMP enabled, and working CISCO-CCM-MIB support. Nothing extra needs to be done in LMS that you would not have done for normal User Tracking acquisition.

He JClarke,

I have switches with proper data collected and plugged phones on it.

The CCMs we enable RO and RW snmp community but they coming as unknown snmp device in the map marked as ?

Please tell me some about ccm snmp enable and ccm-mib suport !

Danke Gruss Steffen

What are the sysObjectIDs from these CCMs?

He JClarke,

we using CCM 5.1 dont know about this sysObjectIDs, may you explain how to get it.

We have also call manager express and this router loaded fine in LMS with correct data collected, but no phones shoing up.

Gruss Steffen

Use the SNMP Walk tool under Device Center > SNMP Walk. Enter "sysObjectID" for the Starting OID.

The following is a SNMP walk of device 10.224.44.70 starting from sysObjectID

SNMP Walk Output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sysObjectID

RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-SMI::ciscoProducts.584

we use also call manager express on the router but no ip phone can seen in LMS

This CCM is not yet support by Campus Manager. Support is planned for next month.

He JClarke,

does CISCO inform me when they support it ?

What about call manager expres, why I dont see phones from there ?

Gruss Steffen

You can check the Common Services > Software Center > Software Update page for Campus Manager updates late next month. There may also be a notice in the CiscoWorks Product Updates section of the CiscoWorks homepage.

The CCME is also not supported by Campus Manager. Only standard MCS Call Managers are supported for IP phone acquisition.

He JClarke,

if you are KClarke like Clarke Kent, I know why you can answer such good !

Danke Gruss Steffen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: