Views
Helpful
Replies

Using SNMP traps

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are trying to get our Ironports to send out SNMP traps.
At this moment we use a M1050 for testing. we have no test C series and I do not want to pull out a power supply or disk on one of our production systems, just for testing :wink:

At this moment the experiences with the M1050 are not very hopeful.
At first the cold-start trap was send out on the default interface (data1) instead of the management interface which we configured for SNMP, most of the other traps where not send out at all. This was confirmed by support and they promised a better behavior for next versions.

When we upgraded the M1050 to version 6 we expected to gain some traps but the result was disappointing. The cold start trap was now send out over the expected (configured) interface but all the other traps where not send out at all.

Does anyone have other experiences with the C series?

All input is appreciated.

Regards Steven

4 Replies 4

bfayne_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have other experiences with the C series?

Yes, I have several C-series systems and SNMP traps work perfectly. The M-series appliances are not nearly as mature of a product so don't use it as a comparison.

chhaag
Level 1
Level 1

There is a known issue affecting SNMP traps in AsyncOS versions 5.5 and above. Look for a maintenance release next week and then try your tests again.

cheers,

Chris

There is a known issue affecting SNMP traps in AsyncOS versions 5.5 and above. Look for a maintenance release next week and then try your tests again.

cheers,

Chris

Do you have a link to that case, as i have some issues in my own setup. We are using Cacti to monitor our 2 C350. From time to time, we get a timeout on SNMP, but the C350 i proccesesing mail.

/Thorsten

chhaag
Level 1
Level 1

Today we made a maintenance release, 5.5.1-014 available to all customers. This has a number of fixes (see the release notes on the portal) including a fix for an issue that prevented SNMP traps from firing in certain circumstances. Of course, this fix will be in all releases going forward.

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: