Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual DMVPN

mats.evert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have set up a net where the spokes can use either a ethernet or a serial interface to connect to the network. The spokes will then need two tunnel definitions. The Hub also has two tunnel definitions (same source interface with a secondary address). Tunnels to the hub works great. Dynamic spoke to spoke tunnels are established in both cases but the traffic from the second tunnel (serial) wont use the dynamic tunnel and flows over the hub.

And by the way is there a solution to get dynamic spoke to spoke tunnels between different tunnel interfaces?

/Mats

3 Replies 3

us3rn4me0923
Level 1
Level 1

Couple of questions

1.) What goal did you want to accomplish using DMVPN?

2.) What routing protocol are you running?

3.) Briefly, describe the WAN topology?

Thanks

Hi!

1. I have mobile nodes that connects to an ISP. The mobile nodes can connect with either ethernet or serial interface (not at the same time) but can change connection type when they move to a new location. The mobile nodes get connected through the ISP using DMVPN to a static mobile node also connected to the ISP.

2. The mobile network uses OSPF and the ISP uses ISIS, routes are between the two networks are using BGP. Routes are only imported/exported at the static mobile node.

3. See above, but the mobile nodes will get their IP address from the ISP using DHCP for ethernet and SLARP for serial interfaces. The interface connected is then used as tunnel source.

/Mats

I'll defer to others with more experience with DMVPN to address your question. Thanks for the insight.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: