Helpful
Replies

missing entry in placed calls directory

m.nickel
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have following problem :

If I dial to a busy destination in PSTN there is no entry in the placed calls directory.

Design:

CUCM 6.0.1 with ES-2124-1 , C2851 Gateway (IOS 12.4.15T1) with 3x E1 configured with MGCP/QSIG (ISO) behind PBX (Siemens HiPATH) ,

PBX is directly connected to PSTN so CUCM is subsystem.

Route pattern in CUCM configured with overlap sending box marked.

If I call to PSTN without # at end (isn't necessary because of overlap sending) I get busy (audio) signal (also in q931 debug I see busy message) but the call isn't logged in the placed calls list/directory !

Secondary effect: If I use redial button later I dial to a wrong destination, because I use an old alreday existing entry in the placed calls list.

I get this problem with all available phone types 7940,7941, 7960,7961, 7971, ip commumicator, so problem seems not depending on type or firmware of phone (?)

Now if I dial with # at end I dont get the failure, and the call to busy destination in PSTN is logged in placed calls directory list.

any ideas ?

kind regards

Michael

2 Replies 2

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

# is actually used as a interdigit timeout.

Are you using a variable length dialplan.

find more about variable length dial plans

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800945b9.shtml

m.toelke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michael,

I have notice the same issue, if I make a call to a busy GSM destination (O2, Vodafone etc.), the call is not placed in directory.

A redial doesn't work too. I didn't check to dial with #. If I call to a busy landline destination (Telekom etc.), the call will be

placed in the directory. The isdn debug shows

different busy cause-codes (0x8094, 0x8095).

I don't know has is to do with the issue ?

kind regards

Mathias