Helpful
Replies

missing entry in placed calls directory

m.nickel
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have following problem :

If I dial to a busy destination in PSTN there is no entry in the placed calls directory.

Design:

CUCM 6.0.1 with ES-2124-1 , C2851 Gateway (IOS 12.4.15T1) with 3x E1 configured with MGCP/QSIG (ISO) behind PBX (Siemens HiPATH) ,

PBX is directly connected to PSTN so CUCM is subsystem.

Route pattern in CUCM configured with overlap sending box marked.

If I call to PSTN without # at end (isn't necessary because of overlap sending) I get busy (audio) signal (also in q931 debug I see busy message) but the call isn't logged in the placed calls list/directory !

Secondary effect: If I use redial button later I dial to a wrong destination, because I use an old alreday existing entry in the placed calls list.

I get this problem with all available phone types 7940,7941, 7960,7961, 7971, ip commumicator, so problem seems not depending on type or firmware of phone (?)

Now if I dial with # at end I dont get the failure, and the call to busy destination in PSTN is logged in placed calls directory list.

any ideas ?

kind regards

Michael

2 Replies 2

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

# is actually used as a interdigit timeout.

Are you using a variable length dialplan.

find more about variable length dial plans

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800945b9.shtml

m.toelke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michael,

I have notice the same issue, if I make a call to a busy GSM destination (O2, Vodafone etc.), the call is not placed in directory.

A redial doesn't work too. I didn't check to dial with #. If I call to a busy landline destination (Telekom etc.), the call will be

placed in the directory. The isdn debug shows

different busy cause-codes (0x8094, 0x8095).

I don't know has is to do with the issue ?

kind regards

Mathias

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: