Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Bootloader 5.0.148.0

uh.janssen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have upgraded our WLC Image and the Boot Software from 4.2.99.0 to 5.0.148.0. After the reboot I saw that the bootloader does not change.

(Cisco Controller) >show sysinfo

Manufacturer's Name.............................. Cisco Systems Inc.

Product Name..................................... Cisco Controller

Product Version.................................. 5.0.148.0

RTOS Version..................................... Linux-2.6.10_mvl401

Bootloader Version............................... 4.2.99.0

Build Type....................................... DATA + WPS

We have successfully downloaded the Boot Software to our wlc a second time. No error has occured. After the reboot the "show sysinfo" still reports 4.2.99.0.

Does anyone notice the same behaviour. I would be glad to have your explanation.

Many thanks.

Uwe

4 Replies 4

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

you cannot upgrade the bootloader version due to hardware limitations. May be this model does not require a bootloader upgrade as do the larger WLC models.

Hi,

thanks for your posted message. Our model is a 4402 Controller. Therefore a bootloader upgrade must be possible. The reason can be possibly an output error.

Uwe

Hi Uwe,

I've got the same problem on our AIR-WLC4404-100-K9. I didn't find any solution.

Greetings

Simon

Hi to all,

me too have had the same problem upgrading bootloader to 4.2.112.0 and all was fine then upgrading to OS 5.0.148.2 and after reboot the entry RTOS strange instaed of indicating me the relase like the old one it indicate me ROS Linux..... the install 5.0.148.0 bootloader but after the reboot it say Bootloader 4.2.112.0...

I read thorugh the upgrading procedure and it states:

"Cisco recommends that you also install the Cisco Unified Wireless Network Controller Boot Software

5.0.148.0 ER.aes file on the controller. This file resolves defect CSCsd52483 and is necessary to

ensure proper operation of the controller. The ER.aes file can be installed on all controller platforms.

Unlike previous ER images, a new bootloader file is not loaded when you install the 5.0.148.0 ER.aes

file. This is true for all controllers. The 4.2.112.0 ER.aes file is the last ER file to contain a

bootloader. If you want the latest bootloader, install the 4.2.112.0 ER.aes file. If you want to obtain

the fix for CSCsd52483, also install the 5.0.148.0 ER.aes file.

The ER.aes files are independent from the controller software files. You can run any controller

software file with any ER.aes file, but when you install the latest boot software file (5.0.148.0

ER.aes), it ensures that the boot software modifications in all of the previous and current boot

software ER.aes files are installed."

so basically it always display the latest bootloader you've it before upgrading to the 5.0.148.0 bootloader which it contains only fix to the bug

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card