Edison Ortiz Tue, 02/26/2008 - 12:06
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Still in the works, keep checking the CCDE website for any upcoming announcement.

HTH,

__

Edison.

sriramariyanayagam Tue, 02/26/2008 - 14:24
User Badges:

Hi Senthil

Have you already passed the CCDE written? Any ideas of books to refer? I am presently studying Optimal Routing Design book.

Cheers

Sriram

svermill Tue, 02/26/2008 - 16:41
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

I don't have the link handy anymore, but Fall '08 is the latest word I saw from someone inside of the CCDE program within Cisco...

swmorris Tue, 02/26/2008 - 18:38
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

There are a few online resources that can be looked at, but all in all, there aren't really shortcuts to being an expert design-level engineer!

You need to know about lots of different things.

The beta was a fairly brutal exam, and had a low percentage of people who passed in order to show that. The written now that it has become live is still a tough exam based on what I've heard (myself and one other IPexpert instructor passed the beta, so we haven't seen the live test!).

The practical exam for this will go through a beta period a well while the designers work out the details and get feedback from a number of people to assess the best way to put things together.

I'm sure it will be quite worthy of an expert-level exam as Cisco has plenty of years experience with that stuff already!

And I'm sure after things get worked out there will be different training opportunities out there. So like everything, stay tuned! :)

Scott

[email protected]

Actions

This Discussion