cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting buttons on 7941

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

I have a series of 7941's deployed to regualr users and I would like to have their line appear for both buttons. Is this possible or do they have to be different lines?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

they can be the same DN but they need to be on different partitions, it's not possible to set all the lines with EXACTLY the same line

usually you set this as a rollover, if line 1 is busy call rolls to line 2 and so on, on the final line it goes to VM

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

So I would need 2 partitions and both pointing Unity ot receive outside calls and or voicemail?

not sure what you mean, usually what i see is the following

line 1: DN 1000, partition PT1

line 2: DN 1000, partition PT2

user sets CFNA and CFB from line 1 to line 2, of course that in the CSS of the CF options the only available partition needs to be PT2

each line can have different settings for the VM and for the CSS you use for outbounds calls, but usually they have EXACTLY all the same, only differ on the partition.

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nicholas,

This is just a note to add to the correct hint from Jaime;

This method was used in older 3.x builds before the Multiple Calls per Line was added in 4.x

We still use this for some users who prefer the visual aspect of this setup;

This document shows how to use Partitions and Calling Search Spaces to configure multiple lines on one phone with the same DN. It is assumed that the user wants all incoming calls to start on line 1 and forward to subsequent lines if line 1 is busy.

Configuring a Single Dialed Number on Multiple Lines

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009409c.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: