Views
Helpful
Replies

Isuue with schedules in Unity 4.2

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

I have been experiencing a very weird problem. I have a CTI route point (8888) which points to a hunt group (8604). In the Unity I have created a custom schedule. In the open option of the CH, I am asking the system to ring the hunt group pilot number (8604)and it works fine. In the close option I am asking the system to ring another internal extension (8916) but as soon as the schedule is set to close, the call goes to 8888's voicemail without ringing the extension (8916). This problem has been bugging me for few days. Do you guys have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks,

MK

24 Replies 24

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Little hard to say right off hand - one thing that would help is to pop open the port status monitor tool in Tools Depot (not the web based viewer) and capture the flow when you come through durring day hours (which seems to work as you want) and then another one where it's after hours that's not - then we can see what handlers/conversations are being touched.

My first guess is the routing rule that's picking up the call routing in from 8604 is not being fired on after hours when the call is coming in from 8888 - the port status monitor should show the calling/called number information on the inbound calls which may clear this up.

Thanks Jeff,

I am attaching the output of the Port Status monitor tool along with callhandler config. Could you please have a look and let me know if you see anything wrong.

Thanks,

MK

Thanks Jeff,

I am attaching the output of the Port Status monitor tool along with callhandler config. Could you please have a look and let me know if you see anything wrong.

Thanks,

MK

Anybody has any idea before I open a case with TAC?

Thanks,

MK

So one of these is a direct call and one is a forwarded call? If so, I know what's happening.

On the direct call your rule kicks in and you send to the attempt transfer entry point for the help desk and it works. As it should.

However on a forwarded call, the first handler that Unity loads it will force the skip of the transfer rule and go right to the greeting no matter what to avoid transfer loops. So it goes right to the greeting in that case.

You can get aorund this behavior by having the closed contact greeting rule on that handler blank and set for an after greeting action to attempt transfer to another call handler which is set to ring the help desk number. This "chaining" technique gets around the tranfer "boomerang" prevention device on forwarded calls.

Jeff,

This is exactly how I have my system setup and it works perfectly.

I am planning to put together a short documentation on setting up typical scenarios like this.

I have used the documentation from your Audio Text Applications Guide. Its fantastic.!!!!

Most of the problems I have seen guys encountered here, I have solved them using this documentation.

I plan to put together a shord vivid description of how to sep up common things like

1. Transfering calls to external numbers

2. Using same key to transfer calls to different handlers during office hours and out of office hours

3. Seting up General Group Mail box

4. Using Unity as a MeetMe Conference Manager

5. Setting up Advanced Auto Attendant.

I have observed that these are tyhe comon problems engineers experience based on posts on this forum and after studying your documentation I was able to get all of thos to work.

This will be coming shortly.

Please rate all useful posts

Hello Guys,

Please see the attached file and let me know if I am doing something wrong because it's not working. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi,

For this to work you will need do th following:

1.Create two schedules: Business hours and off Hours( You caan use any name you want)

2. Ensure the shedules are exact opposite of each other, eg 8am-5pm and 5pm-8am

3. Assign your Helpdesk Open CH to Business hours schedule

4. Assign your helpdesk close CH to off hours schedule

5. On the call transfer rule for Helpdesk open, enable the closed transfer as you have done.

6. On the xfer incoming calls, leave as xfer to directly to handlers greetings (as you have it)

7.On the greetings for helpdesk open, set the closed greeting to blank (as you have it) and after greeting to to send aller to CH: attempt xfer for Helpdesk-Close CH (as you have it)

8. On the Helpdesk-close CH, ensure that its in the off hours schedule, select the standard xfer rule to ring an extension: 8916.

Make sure the closed, alternate and busy xfer rule are disabled. ( You got this part wrong so correct it and try again)

Thats all.

cheers

Hello Deji,

I did exactly what you told me but the close schedule is still going to the voicemail. I am sending you the config with all changes, please have a look and let me know if I am missing anything.

Thanks,

MK

Mighty King,

There is a problem with your schedule.

Your schedule for Helpdesk-Open is 7am - 10am

Your schedule for Helpdesk-close is 7am -10am.

The schedules are the same.

It has to be opposite. So if Helpdesk open is 7am-10am then helpdesk close has to be 10am-7am(the next day) So you will have to uncheck the 7am, 8am and 9am on helpdesk close and ckeck from 10am to 7am...

When you are testing makesure for helpdesk close, you adjust unity time to match the time you are testing against.

Thanks for the reply Deji.

I modified both schelules but no luck. it still goes to the voicemail. Please see the attached file.

Thanks,

MK

How are you testing it.

WHat time did you do the test.

what time was on your PC time when you tested.

Can you lunch ATM (audio text manager form unity tools) and check that on the CH for closed hours, the alternate greeting is not enabled.

Deji,

I am uploading the output of the ATM for the HelpDesk-Close CallHandler and Call Viewer for the time of test. At this time the close schedule has to be applied and ring the extension 8916 but it doesn't. It goes to the voicemail.

I realy appreciate you help,

MK

MK,

You are dialing 8888 from 8916, the same number you want it to ring after closed hours.

Unity dials the number and sees it as busy and then it forwards the call. So Unity is treating it as a forwarded number from 8888 and the rule is that a forwarded call will go to the subscriber or CH's greetings.

This is very simple. Dial 8888 from 8604 for the closed hours schedule and see what happens.

Make sure that on your cti route point 8888, you have the CFA to one of your voice-mail's port.

Make sure that on your call routing table you do not have any forwarding rule there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: