cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Called Call

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Our Customer has implanted a solution with of Telephony IP. The CallManager is in the Matrix and in the accesses, He has Gateway with interfaces FXO. I ask: There is some configuration that can be made in the Gateways remote or in the CallManager in way that the called call received by the FXO are blocked

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, what do you mean by called call ?

Is BINA that you're talking about ?

I'm sorry, the correct is: collect call. The customer need blocked collect call receive in the FXO. It's possible?

With FXO, no. If your customer had E1, that would be possible (R2 double answering).

So you can ask telco that they block collect calls.

Hi Bevilacqua,

The problem that is occur is:

the router this taking care of the call before touching the telephone of the user and when it takes care of to the call already this in course.

Thank You,

Wilson

Hi, I do understand that, so either you present the call to user (connection plar opx) without answering first, so he can hear the message, or have collect call blocked by telco.

Hi Bevilacqua,

It's possible correct the problem?

Regards,

Wilson

Hi,

what I'm telling you that you have two choices:

1 - make sure the call is answered by a person that can listen to the message about collect call and refuse it. If you are using h.323 with the GW, this is done with "connection plat opx".

or

2. - you ask you telephone company to block incoming collect calls.

With FXO, there are no other choices.

Hi Bevilacqua,

The router takes care of the collect calls automatically, but, the calls that are not to collect router do not take care?

Thank You,

Wilson

Hi,

as I was saying before, with FXO port, the router cannot distinguish between collect and regular calls, because there is no such information in analog signaling.

That would be possible with E1 R2.

So with FXO port, your only choices are the ones given above.

As a recognition to those providing answers, please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!