Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Route Point & Call Forward all

scotteturner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a CTI Route point set up to forward to a Call Handler in Unity. If you dial the extension (1234) it will forward right away to unity and play the call handler. However, if I press the CFwdAll softkey on a phone to forward my calls to this CTI Route Point (1234) it shows the phone as forwarded, but when someone calls that phone, it plays the owner of the phonce voicemail greeting and not the call handler (1234). Can you even do a call forward all on a CTI route point??

Thanks,

Scott

4 Replies 4

Avner Izhar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The redirecting number is coming from the first redirecting phone, which will not be the cti rp but the phone you set for cfa.

In oder to overcome create another voicemail profile and set the mask to be 1234, then you will hit the correct call handler.

HTH, Avner.

unity takes the original called number as the number it uses to look for a mailbox. this is working as designed

if you want to reach a particular call handler create a call routing rule for forwarded calls in which the calls that come from that CTI route point reach the specific call handler you need

you can use the call viewer to see the call coming in and use the calling number parameter for the rule

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am having this same issue. Can you be more specific in the steps to do as I am new to all this. Thanks.

Trent Hurt
Level 1
Level 1

Download the latest advanced settings tool form here.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_AdvancedSettingsTool.htm

Change this setting

Conversation - Route by last redirecting ID

By default Unity routes forwarded calls based on the first redirecting Id. Setting this value to "1" will force Unity to, instead, use the last redirecting ID.

NOTE: Not all integrations provide both first or last redirecting Ids. If Unity is configured to route on one and it is not provided but the other is, Unity will instead route by the number provided.

If the value is 0 or missing, Unity routes by the first redirecting ID

If the value is 1, Unity routes by the last redirecting ID.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: