cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 5.1 vice gateway with two different isdn provider

manoj.varghese
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CM 5.1 installation, my client has got two different isdn providers(isdn 30 channel) with E1 line and which are conneted to a single voice gateway. could you please tell me which is the recommanded configuration for this(mgcp or h323)?

4 Replies 4

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Manoj:

MGCP and H323 have their own pros and cons. If you are looking for easy administration, MGCP is your choice. H323 needs more understanding of dial-peers.

Here is a good read from cisco.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a00806fedbe.shtml

HTH

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but my real concers is if i use two different isdn providers on the same voice gateway, does this make any clocking issue on the router?

Hi

The clocking is based on the "network-clock-select" and "network-clock-participate" IOS commands, and doesn't matter with MGCP or H323.

Choose your favourite protocol.

rgds

jp

Clocking will be a concern only if the two service providers are ultimately using a different master reference for their networks - there will be a slight difference between the two. This would show up as clock slips on one of the E1 interface. If the two Service providers are synced up to a common reference , then it should be OK.