Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Firmware IP Phone 7912

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer has a CallManager version 5.1, was identify a bug in the IP Phone 7912, occur that I am tryng change de version firmware. In the CCM the new firmware appear but In The IP Phone don't apper the new firmware. I Already effected reset via CCM, reset in IP Phone, Reset Default Factory, but, The IP phone don't load the new firmware.

Any Idea?

Thank You,

Wilson

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

did you uploaded the firmware to the TFTP server that the phone is looking at?

Did you changed the firmware version at device defaults or at device level?

the fact you upload a new firmware does not mean the phones will take it, you need to configure them to use it

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, In the CCM version I verified that the new version is load.

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

I followed the procedure annexed,

Best Regards,

Wilson

Didn't have an opportunity to examine CUCM 5.1, but in 4.2(3) which I have there is Device Defaults Configuration section where firmware loads is set. Also try In your DEVICE SETTING manually set your new firware under Device load name field

Thank You for your response. The procedure was did way correct but not work. We open a case in TAC.

Regards,

Wilson

Hi Wilsonsant,

I have the same problem.

Do you receive a valid answer from the TAC?

Thanks.

Hi,

My problem was solved. I had opened a TAC but the problem were that I was select the CCM Wrong, because, my Customer have 02 CCM a one publisher and another subscriber. Do you need the procedure to do the upgrade?

Thank You,

Wilson Santana

Hi,

I would like to have the procedure for the same.

Hi,

I am sorry in answering only now. I had this problem a one year more or less. The did the procedure in annexx. If you try and don't work. Send e_mail for me again.

Wilson Santana

Hi,

I am facing same problem, i need the upgrade process.

Regards

Sonic

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: