Views
Helpful
Replies

Push-to-talk with Nortel 6140 wireless handset + WLC 4400

pallek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm trying to configure the push to talk feature built in to the Nortel 6140 wireless phone handset, but can't seem to make it work with our WLC 4400.

This is from the Nortel documentation:

"he WLAN Handset 2211 and WLAN Handset 6140 join the IP multicast

stream through Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) v1 reports.

Each handset continues to send IGMP reports as long as PTT is enabled,

so the IP multicast state is maintained in the network, even when there is no

active use of the PTT feature. The multicast address used to support PTT is

224.0.1.116, and the port is 5001".

I've tried to configure the WLC as described (enable multicast with address 224.0.1.116), but still it's no go.

Anyone got any experience with this?

4 Replies 4

sethgarnar
Level 1
Level 1

Were about to deploy the same phones on our network. From what I read you need to enable multicast on all the vlans that the AP's connect to as well.

Darren Ramsey
Level 4
Level 4

That looks like the Spectralink group address. On the controller enable multicast and use an administratively scoped address in the 239.192.0.0/14 range, and enable multicast routing between the controller an APs. The phone group address should not be the same as the WLC/AP group address. I have also seen multicast-unicast mode work as well, but might flood your network.

g.rienstra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Use unicast in stead of multicast from the controller as a test and do nothing on the LAN.

Reg

Goen

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

please go through the below link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11004656/configuring-wlc-4400-multicasting-enabled-network

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: