cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No sound while connected to VPN

bluebeetle
Level 1
Level 1

I'm connecting to my VPN with the Cisco Systems VPN Client 4.6.03.0021.

The problem is every time I connect the sound cuts out on my PC. I'll try and adjust the sound volume but when I do it just makes a static type sound.

Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Michael

I have not experienced this so I do not have any direct insight into the problem. But I do have an idea. Are you running some application that is generating the sounds that you are listening to on the PC speakers? And is it possible that the application is receiving its input via multicast? This would be an issue because VPN is inherently for unicast traffic not multicast.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

sguardino
Level 1
Level 1

Oh, yes- This used to drive my users nuts! Check out Cisco bug ID CSCsh24112, and I believe the issue is fixed in version 5.

Where can I download version 5?

Go to Cisco's support page, then Download Software, and then look for VPN (you have to be registered to download).

Hope this helps!

When I try and download it I get this message:

Error: 104

Download not permitted (Do not bookmark this URL.) Our apologies, but your user profile indicates that you are not entitled to download software of this type.

This page is only available to registered Cisco.com users with a Cisco Service Agreement.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: