Views
Helpful
Replies

List of received calls while busy for 7961 and 7970

NiclasCpm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we're new to Cisco telephony and so to the phones and to the Callmanager which we use in version 4.3 .

Now we're looking for the feature to show a list of received calls while a phone(-line) was busy.

Eg: I'm having a call and someone tries to reach me. The caller hears the busy tone. When hung up I'd like to check my list of received calls to see who has tried to reach me, but I cannot find this feature.

Is it a setting which has to be set in Callmanager and if yes, does Callmanager V.4.3 support it or is Cisco simply not offering this feature ?

Sorry for my bad english. I hope you can figure out what I mean. :)

Best regards,

Niclas

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Niclas,

Your english is perfect, no worries! This feature is not offered on any CCM Version. This Call History is actually stored on the Phone itself, so only calls that are placed from of come across the Phone can be displayed. Most companies use Voicemail to cover off for Busy Call situations. You can also increase the "Busy Trigger" on the DN to allow more than one simultaineous call to be answered.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob and thanks for your reply.

As I understand there is no way to show a caller in the caller list when he tried to reach me while my line was busy.

That's too bad. :(

Voicemail or a second line could be the solution, right, but the CEO wanted to have only one line and a busy tone when the line is busy.

oksiazek
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Niclas ,

Also for internal calls , you can activate the Call-back future so that the caller will be notified that you are now free ( after your phone call ) .

Thanks

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

I've added a soft button to the phonebutton template to give internal callers the possibility to receive an information when the line is free.

But external calls won't be listed in the caller list. :(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: