Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoIP Phone ERROR

biesselillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to send an Execute Command directly to a Cisco ip phone 7961 thorugh http post method.

I have the following error:

ERR 16:31:42.251357 JVM: extractHostFromUrl() invalid hostname, url:<?UserID=user3&Password=12345&devicename=SEP001E138CE1C7>

What does it mean?

Thank you very much in advance!

11 Replies 11

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Could you do a Wireshark trace and post the full line detailing the POST? It seems this POST request contains parameters but not an url..

And where exactly is that error coming from? I suppose you'd get a CiscoIPPhoneError as response to the POST.

Hello,

Yes I've got the "ciscoIPPhoneError=0" on the web page as response of the POST, and I have the error:

ERR 16:31:42.251357 JVM: extractHostFromUrl() invalid hostname, url:

I see you're using IE7. Could you try the same from Mozilla? I cannot get IE7 to work either but Mozilla works just fine. If you compare traces off the two you'd probably find the reason why it fails.

Hello,

probably I've found the cause of my problem!

The error message is given me because I haven't set up an external web service able to authenticate the ip phone, so I didn't configured the "url authentication" under telephony-service in CME.

The problem now is that I don't know how to implement the dialogue between the CME and the External Web Service.

Can someone help me giving me an example of how Have I answer to the authentication request asked by the CME, please ?

Hello,

I've found the solution!

Setting up the url authentication and on that url a web service for making authentication I can interact with the ip phone!

I've set on the CME that the 500 is MWI on and 501 MWI off.

The problem I have now is that when I make the command:

in order to set the red light on on the ip phone 103, this phone makes a call to the extension 500 and sets the light on.

But I don't want to make a call to the number 500!! :-(

In what way can I stop immediately the call to 500 ?

Please help me!!!

Hello,

Does anyone knows in what way can I stop the dialing ?

I'm very angry, because it is impossible that for a simple thing "set MWI led ON and OFF" I have to work weeks.

It should be a very simple command!

Please help me!

Well, another possibility is to use JTAPI. The CiscoAddress class has a setMessageWaiting() method. Maybe you can use that to set the MWI without making a call.

haven't tried it myself ...

Do you mean use the JTAPI with the CME ?

I have the Call Manager Express and I'm not sure that I can use JTAPI on it.

What do you think?

no, you can't use jtapi with cme. my mistake.

Ok, this is a big problem :-(

What I want to do should be a very simple thing, but it is becoming very hard.

If I'm able to set ON the MWI lamp on the ip phone making simultaneusly a call, there should be a way to stop immediately this call.

The "Dial" command should be in couple with a sort of "StopDial" command, but I can't find it.

Or if this is not the correct way to do this, I would like to know the other one.

I'm very loose, please help me!

You might could send a "Key:Line1" twice to the phone. The first one is to initialize a call (dialtone) and the second is for ending the call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: