cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 6.1 Media/Software for Upgrade

cceykovsky
Level 1
Level 1

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsl28495

So I ran into that bug and am trying to do this install/upgrade remotely - so I can't use the 6.1 ISO. TAC said their is is 6.1 upgrade from 5.x. They sent me to Customer Service who opened a ticket...etc

48 hours later I call and am told there are no updates. I escalate and get put on hold for 90 minutes and hang up.

At this point I want to know if anyone knows for sure if there isa 5.x 6.1 upgrade file or if a flat install via the ISO is required. Any help in this matter will be appreciate since I'm really behind schedule now and Cisco Customer Support is being difficult.

Take care,

Chris

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Probably, but it will take CS forever to find it. They are not the best in tracking down software. I believe it's shipping in all new CUCM MCS bundles. I know the 6.1 disc is in there, the upgrade i would believe is in there as well.

It took CS about 2 weeks for them to find the correct Cisco OS 2003 for the correct HP server I had. What a nightmare. I would suspect you will get the same turn around. You can try and escalate the ticket with your local AM or SE and see if they can push it through the correct channels quicker.

hehe, I am the SE for this account. hehe I'll try in-house as well and see what I turn up.

Thanks for the feedback!

Your best bet then is to find a new MCS CUCM bundle and look in the box. CS will find it, then ship it GROUND from Florida.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: