Troubleshooting call routing -- sending debugs to syslog server?

Unanswered Question
Feb 22nd, 2008
User Badges:

I have a remote CCME system that is having issues. Users are complaining that when people dial their numbers, they are sometimes being redirected to the wrong internal extension. Since this is a remote router, I can't attach a console cable to capture debugs, and using "term mon" and debugs when connected via telnet is cumbersome and only works while I am connected and actively staring at the screen.

Is there a way I can send debug outputs to a syslog server so I can watch the logs to see what might be going on? I know how to set up logging to a remote server, but I do not know how to specify what gets sent and what doesn't. I am not really concerned with normal debug messages (i.e. "Configured by console, Packet xxx dropped by list xxx, etc"), only ISDN and translation-rule debug messages.

If I set up logging to a remote syslog server, are there commands I can use to specify what output gets sent?

Thanks,

Chris

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
douhanm Sat, 02/23/2008 - 08:24
User Badges:

you control that with the level of the logging where debig is the highest level you can have, it will send everything to the syslog server, if you decrease the level to 6 or lower you get less.

Actions

This Discussion