cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dnd not working with monitor lines CME

m-ketchum
Level 1
Level 1

Phones that are monitoring lines are unable to go into DND. Is there a solution for this. These phones are also members of hunt-groups and need the DnD function, or at least a way to logout of the hunt-group.

Using 7970's, one of which is also using a 7914.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, ephone-dn that are part of hunt-group cannot be shared.

You have to configure multiple ephone-dn with separate functions for that.

Ok, thanks....that is what I thought. I was hoping that maybe a new feature had slipped passed me and now there was a solution.

So since I posted this question we've decided to use UCC to monitor the lines instead, which is fine. The new problem is that each of the desk phones (dn's) that will be part of the hunt-group also have a 7921 that shares the same -dn. I expect that a shared line is a shared line and this will still have the same dnd problem. But here is my question, how does Hlog work with shared lines, or does it even? Would Hlog be able to log an individual phone out of the hunt-group?

Thanks much.

Hi,

In my experience, once you share a line that is part of an hunt-group, hlog button won't work anymore and you will be unable to log-in.

You can use separate DNs for the purpose, or try the dynamic join into the group that doesn't require hlog button.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: