cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicasting

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

Does anybody have idea how to setup internet radio and how multicast configuration will take place is it required your ISP supports multicast when we connect internet radio from DSL.

when i run sniffer on my machine and connect internet radio why it doesn't show any multicast address.

Can someone explain me how actually it works.

3 Replies 3

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

Ajay

When you run the multicasting radio there is no need to run the multicast. Beacause that deopends on your application. Yeah if you want to set up the multicast at your end and far end then their is requirement of multicasting.You can perform with the help of tunnel also.

regards

shivlu

Thanks Shiv incase multicast radio has setup with multicasting and connecting to MBONE in this case users connected to ISP those are not multicast enabled will they be able to connect radio.

If you want to connect thru mbone there should be rp in single as means your meed to run MSDP. IN that case the multicasting should be enable on every interface.

regards

shivlu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card