cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.0 - CiscoView Not appear in LMS Portal

tckoon
Level 1
Level 1

I got problem where I dont see the CiscoView in LMS portal. I try to add it on portal , but from list of selection there isn't CiscoView to select.

I check on CS, the CV is installed.

Products Installed

Showing 1-9 of 9 records

Product Name Version With Patch Level Installed Date

1. CiscoWorks Common Services 3.1.0 15 Feb 2008, 12:03:38 GMT+08:00

2. Campus Manager 5.0.0 15 Feb 2008, 12:03:38 GMT+08:00

3. CiscoView 6.1.6 15 Feb 2008, 12:03:39 GMT+08:00

4. CiscoWorks Assistant 1.0.0 15 Feb 2008, 12:03:39 GMT+08:00

5. Device Fault Manager 3.0.0 15 Feb 2008, 12:03:39 GMT+08:00

6. Internetwork Performance Monitor 4.0.0 15 Feb 2008, 12:03:40 GMT+08:00

7. Integration Utility 1.7.0 15 Feb 2008, 12:03:40 GMT+08:00

8. LMS Portal 1.0.0 15 Feb 2008, 12:03:41 GMT+08:00

9. Resource Manager Essentials 4.1.0 15 Feb 2008, 12:03:41 GMT+08:00

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The URL of javascript:void(0) is normal. Clicking on those links should cause the arrow to rotate, and a menu to expand (much like the CiscoWorks menu is already expanded). If there is a Javascript problem, IE is not the best browser to debug it. Can you try this with Firefox? If the problem persists, type "javascript:" in the URL field, and that will display the Javascript console which will have additional messages.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CV doesn't register any portlets other than its own application portlet which can be enabled by adding Others > Application Menu to a view, then configuring it to display rhe CV application menu.

This portlet should appear on the Functional view by default. If it does not, go to Common Services > Server > Homepage Admin > Application Registration, and register CiscoView from the template.

I try your steps it does not lead to the "Application Registration" menu.

Anyway I had restored the portal to default, and the Funtional tab appear, then I add new Tab called CiscoView copy from Funtional ,then remove the rest of the windows except CV windows.

It is the way to do it ?

Regards

What templates do you see when you go to Application Registration?

There will never be a CiscoView view. The only evidence CiscoView is installed with be a CiscoView application menu portlet on the Functional view. However, you can certainly add a CiscoView application menu porlet to any view you'd like (except modification of the Functional view is prohibited). To add a CiscoView application menu portlet, click the Add Portlet icon, select Others > Application Menu, then configure the newly added Application Menu portlet to show CiscoView.

I had problem to add portlet. When click + , the small windows pop up, but when I click on RME..or any items on it, there isn't any drop down as shown in user guide.

What I did is I add new view called "CiscoView" then copy from the functional template. Delete all except the CiscoView portlet.

Any ideal why I can't add portlet ?

Another question is how can we "duplicate" let say administrator view to the new user added , so it appear like adminsitrator view, so later we can manage from there, rather than everytime we need to re-arrange all view.

Regards

Regards

I think at this point it would be helpful if you provide a set of screenshots illustrating exactly what you are doing, and the results you see.

As for copying portals to other users, this is what the Public portal is for. As an administrator, you can setup the Public portal, and then all users that login will see that Portal.

I think problem might be due to url Java script.

When I move the cursor on top the link, IE browser bottom left corner it appear " Javascript:void(0)" message. When I click on, nothing happen.

Please refer to attached screenshot.

Thanks.

The URL of javascript:void(0) is normal. Clicking on those links should cause the arrow to rotate, and a menu to expand (much like the CiscoWorks menu is already expanded). If there is a Javascript problem, IE is not the best browser to debug it. Can you try this with Firefox? If the problem persists, type "javascript:" in the URL field, and that will display the Javascript console which will have additional messages.

Unbelievable. I try set IE privacy and security setting, turn on all script...etc it doe not work.

I download Firefox browser , install and run it. It work!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: