Views
Helpful
Replies

question about RSTP

christianpho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

I'm trying to understand RSPT and I had setup a small network lab with 4 Catalyst access switches. I provide a small schema of my lab setup. I wrote on the schema where I was expected and see root port, designated and alternated port.

But when I disconnect a topology change I see the topology converge very quickly. When I reconnect previously disconnected cables the spanning tree algorithm does not reconverge correctly and each tine I see 1 port place in error disable state…. I should each time reenable port manually to make spanning tree return to his original topology.

At the first time I was setup each connection with etherchannel configuration, because I was have some problems to my topology reconvergence after returning to originale state, I decide to connect one one cable in each etherchannel (avoiding problem with etherchannel it-self ) but same thing append…

Can someone help me ??

I'm a French people excuse my English !

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you will probably have to post the configs . The err-disable part is probably a etherchannel problem where both sides of the channel do not have equal settings so the switch puts it in a err-disable state.

here I attached the output of the following command :

sh run

sh cdp nei detail

sh int status

sh vers

Like I had tell in previous post only one ethernet cable on each etherchannel (make the etherchannel a virtual link contain only one physical connection) I was would like to removed etherchannel issues from my problems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: