Confreg 0x1202, Unable to send a BREAK to ROMMON mode

Unanswered Question
Feb 24th, 2008
User Badges:

Platform: Cisco 2801 Series Router

IOS: 12.4

During password Recovery, I mistakenly made the Configuration Register setting to 0x1202. And now I am unable to break into ROMMON mode for further recovery.

I also have changed the Baud Rate to 1200 (this is in accordance to the current confreg setting as read in some help document) but, I still am not able to Break the Booting process.

Can anyone suggest so help please?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
firewallsecured Mon, 02/25/2008 - 04:59
User Badges:

Hi,

Thanks a Lot for the help. The document indeed is very handy. I agree with you regarding the Break(ing) into ROMMON mode. My problem was that I had No Console output during the booting process, and it also was not responding to the BREAK command.

I got another useful information. An abstract is below: -

http://www.groupstudy.com/archives/ccielab/200206/msg01633.html

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Connect to the router with the following terminal settings:

1200 baud rate

No parity

8 data bits

1 stop bit

No flow control

You no longer see any output on your screen. This is normal.

Power cycle (switch off and then on) the router and press the spacebar for 10-15 seconds. This generates a signal similar to the break sequence.

Disconnect your terminal and reconnect with a 9600 baud rate. You should now be in ROM Monitor mode.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

That resolved my issue.

Nevertheless, Thank You 'Aijaz' for the great concern in wanting to solving my problems.

Richard Burts Mon, 02/25/2008 - 05:12
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, WAN

Temjen

This was a very good solution to this problem. Thank you for posting back and indicating that your problem was solved and how you solved it. It makes the forum more useful when people can read about a problem and also read about what resolved that problem.

The forum is an excellent place to learn about Cisco networking. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

Actions

This Discussion