Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 + emtpy syslog report

markusspitzli
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

We have a problem with CiscoWorks LMS 3.0.

The switches and routers are sending syslog messages to the CW Server. This works fine. I see the received syslogs by using "logview.exe" or by opening the syslog.log on the CW Server.

But the syslogs are not available in CiscoWorks itself. I can generate an syslog report and it is empty, but it shouldn't because i see a lot of messages which should be seen with a syslog report.

does anybody know this problem.

ps. dfm also doesnt work properly.

6 Replies 6

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you see any host subscribed in RME > Tools > Syslog > Syslog Collector Status? What does your /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/SyslogCollector.log say?

Actually, NMSROOT\log\SyslogCollector.log on Windows. Additionally, the output of a pdshow would be useful.

Thanks for your help.

I have solved the problem by myself. I had to uninstall the .NET Framework 2.0 and reinstall CiscoWorks.

Hello,

I have the same problem, the backup directory is empty.

I send you the SyslogCollector.log and the pdshow output

Hello,

I have the same problem, the backup directory is empty.

I send you the SyslogCollector.log and the pdshow output

I don't see any errors here. to what backup directory do you refer? As was noted by the creator of this thread, having .NET 2.0 SP1 or higher along with DFM can cause socket starvation which can lead to other LMS daemons to fail. If you have .NET 2.0 SP1 or higher, uninstall it, and restart dmgtd.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: