Specifically set AP failover to WLC

Unanswered Question
Feb 25th, 2008

Hi all,

My case is like as below:

2 WLC, WLC-4402-25-1 & WLC-4402-25-2, are implementated. There are a total of 30 APs. In case that one WLC is down, the remaining WLC cannot cater for all 30 APs.

Here is my question:

Can i specifically set which AP can failover to another WLC, which AP cannot failover.

Thanks all,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Scott Fella Mon, 02/25/2008 - 14:08

The ap's you do not want to failover, you should not configure the secondary WLC, but configure a false entry. This way those ap's try to join a WLC that is not there while the others are able to join. I believe you can also configure on the WLC which ap's can associate to that WLC.

eric.huihk Mon, 02/25/2008 - 19:52

Thanks Fella5.

Would you kindly show the configure guide that WLC can be set to let AP associate?

eric.huihk Mon, 02/25/2008 - 20:09

Hi Fella,

Per you link, there is a method "Using the Internal Authorization List on the WLC" which will not need external radius server.

This solution seems workable. I will try later. Thanks.

Scott Fella Mon, 02/25/2008 - 20:42

I don't know if that will work for you, but if it does then great. like I mentioned earlier, the easiest is setting the secondary controller on the 5 ap's that you don't want to join the wlc during failover to a bogus name. this should give your ap's enough time to all join except for those 5.

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode