Views
Helpful
Replies

how to get back to the main page..?

mortidad2006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi...

i m building a phoneservice where i come from one menu to the next..

after completing the update i give a message back...

Here is the question...

what is the command to go back to the mainpage after 5 sec..so the user has not to close all the different menues that were opened??

Thanks for help

13 Replies 13

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

You can use the refresh header with a URL pointing to the main page and 5 second time.

In Java/JSP/Servlet, you do something like this:

response.addHeader("Refresh","5;url=http://mainPage");

thanks for the reply...

the line is ..

response.setHeader... and so on...

but what is the url of the main page, or where do i find it in ccm??

thanks alex

I thought you were talking about the main page of your app. What do you mean by main page? services page, that lists are services?

no..not the services page.. i allready tried that, it works fine and it calls the page after the specific amount of seconds but if i push the exit softkey i get back to the last menu that was opened by my phoneservice to set some value in the database.

i m trying to find a way to collaps all the menues that i opened while my three jsps were running, so that the user doesnt have to press exit three times.

i thought a good idea would be just to call the "main page" meaning the page that is started when u log in on the phone.

do u know where this page is...?

or do u have a better idea to get rid of this problem

Thanks a lot

thanks a lot... works great...

if someone else needs the line...

response.set Header("Refresh", "3; URL=Init:Services");

this is case sens.

Thanks

Alex

It's interesting to see that this works.. I always figured you'd need to send one of the main XML elements as a response.. so I'm sending an url to a page which contains one CiscoIPPhoneExcuteItem with that URI.

Has anyone ever seen a minimal load requirement for that URI (seeing as only the 6.01 documentation mentions it.. )?

I just tried in CCM 4.2 with new phone loads. It works when you have it as part of ExecuteItem, but not as refresh header.

This doesn't work:

This works:

Ofcourse this won't work:

You need an url (http:// etc...) as parameter for the refresh header. You cannot use html/xml or anything else as parameter only url's!

It definitely works. Haven't tested all phone loads or all versions of CCM, but all the ones we have tried definitely work.

How do you know which executeitem is working, since you've got two? is it the Init:Services or the SoftKey:Exit? Both would have the same effect, wouldn't they?

We widely use the Init:Services in the refresh header. mostly CCM 4.1(3), I think.

I am sorry, I was quite sure about the url as parameter. If this does work it's realy nice!

yes, it is a nice feature. we have an extension mobility proxy (for gathering other user info at the time the user logs in to a phone, and for tracking users so we can deliver messages based on userid). the problem is that, for the later phone types, when we use AXL to log the user in, the last status message stays on the phone through the reset. the way we clear it is to send the "Resetting, please wait ..." message with a refresh header of "10; URL=Init:Services". It was the only way could find to clear the screen in this circumstance for every phone type.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: