cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anitvirus on Ciscoworks

g-pate
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a supported Antivirus product for LMS 3.0? I had Mcafee running, but it was giving me all kinds of issues. Is there a supported product, and is there any documentation that shows what is/is not supported?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We don't officially test with any AV software. Internally, we use McAfee, but it is recommended to disable it entirely for installations, and to disable on-access scanning of NMSROOT.

The customer is a bank and security concious..is there any product they can install. How about CSA at least? Are there any type of exeptions that can be put into Mcafee? When I had it running, it caused the services to take forever to start amongst other issues.

CSA has been tested with CSM, but not LMS. I would caution against it. You can enable the host-based Windows firewall provided you open up all of the necessary ports. As for McAfee exceptions, excluding NMSROOT from on-access scanning is really the only thing that's needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: