Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA IPSEC License

mikedelafield
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Could someone tell me what we need to purchase (additional options etc) to run IPSEC between 2 ASA 5520 firewalls.

Can this be done between any ASA 5520 or do we need to buy additional VPN license possibly?

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Michael

If you look at the output of show version from your ASA it will have information about current licensing. If you post that information we could give you better answers.

I believe that every ASA comes with at least some capability to do VPNs. While there might be some possibility of additional license requirements, if this would be the first IPSec VPN that the ASAes are doing then I would doubt that you would need additional licenses.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

mikedelafield
Level 1
Level 1

as far as i can see you can have as many IPSEC VPNs as you like but for SSL vpns you need to purchase separate licenses. I think this is correct?

Michael

Some of the ASA licenses restrict the number of IPSec peers as well as restricting the number of SSL. Perhaps it would help if you would post the output of show version from your ASA?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

we have not purchased it yet. we are looking at this bundle, which i think allows for 300 VPN peers?

ASA5520-BUN-K9

Michael

Several place I have looked indicate that the ASA5520-BUN-K9 supports up to 750 IPSec peers. The SSL is much more tightly limited and likely to require additional licenses. But you indicate that you are planning IPSec VPN so I believe that there is no issue for you.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: