cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to dial number and call URL simultaneously

robert.dziekan
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to implement panic button functionality, so that when a user presses a softkey, 911 is called and URL is passed simultaneously (notification url to alert that 911 was called). I'm not a developer, but looking at the SDK, this looks like it shouldn't be overly difficult. Any assistance in this effort is greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Basically what you want to do is create a service which returns the following upon being called (eg. a webpage alarm.asp, which returns the following xml)

http://your-url-here"/>

Define the alarms.asp page as a new service, add it to the phones that need it, then configure one of the line keys as a service button and assign the alarm service to that button. Now, a person can dial 911 and call that url at the same time by pressing one single button on the phone.

Thank you very much! I didn't know you could execute multiple items via a service. This is fantastic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: