cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Line across ATA stations?

UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

Can analog phones off the same ATA "share" the same extension? Goald is is someone calls XXXX that both analog phones will ring?

If not, can phone off an ATA be part of a hunt group?

thanks

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Daniel,

Long time, hope all is well with you! You can certainly "split" the Extension and share it over up to about 5 phones (no more due to the REN - Ringer Equivalency Number). This can be done simply with a "Y - splitter" or via actual jumpering at the Cross Connect panel.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey Rob,

Hope all is well with you in wonderfull Canada. I'm sure your hoping it will start to warm up soon.

I appreciate the quick reply. To be clear, if I just want to share the extension accross the two phones attached to the ATA, I don't need to do any thing special right? These will be SCCP ATA's, so I assume just give them both the same extension in CCM and all is well?

Good to here from you as always.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I have never done this across the ports on an ATA. If I wanted to share the line I would always do it via a more "manual" method (ie: wiring) to save the other port for something else (like a fax). I did spend some time searching ATA config notes and didn't see any restrictions for the method you were looking at using. Give it a go, you can't hurt anything and you always have a fallback :)

Spring is in the air +2 today!

Take care my friend,

Rob

Hi Daniel,

I know it was a while ago, but at the moment I'm having a similar problem. There is a hunt group which include both DNs of an ATA adapter, and for some reason it doesn't work. When the calls reach this hunt group it's only the first extension that rings, as soon as the call is supposed to ring the second extension in the group it cuts off.

So the question is, if both DNs of one ATA can work in a hunt group at all? Please advice.

Thanks.

Andri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: