Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding

aaron.medley
Level 1
Level 1

This is what happens.

User sets phone (ext. 4454) to call forward all to an external phone number (555-5555)i.e. a cell phone. When someone outside of the system (555-5551)calls the 4454 number it is forward back out the PRI as the number that called into the system. With our current provider that call cannot be completed as it is not an allowed number. How do I get the call forward all number to show up on the PRI as xxx-xxx-4454? The reason I know it is doing this is from q931 debug on the router connected to the PRI.

2 Replies 2

Try playing with the "Calling Party Selection" setting on the applicable gateway configuration in CM where the call egresses. Setting this to "Last Redirect Number (External)" should work for you.

Fred

I did this after applying it and resetting the gateway 911 would then not work. We are using CER as well so I am not sure if there is something in there I need to change as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: