Views
Helpful
Replies

Intel cards see strong signal but can't pull IP

huangedmc
Level 3
Level 3

We have 1131AG's in multiple locations.

One particular site is having problem w/ Intel cards.

They can see strong signal from the AP's but can't pull valid IP's, or even if they can pull an IP, the connection would drop in 3 minutes.

Initially this points to the driver, since only Intel users have this problem, but users are running the latest driver and their wireless works just fine any where else.

We disabled encryption just to rule out it being the possible cause.

If anyone has seen this weird issue please let me know how to fix it.

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well you eliminated that the cards are bad since the intel users work else where and you also mentioned that they can pull an ip but would drop. Since the Intel are using the latest drivers, you shouldn't have an issue with them. What you should look at is the vlan that these wireless users are suppose to be in and if that is configured correctly. I have seen this issues when users are associated to an ssid but that ssid is mapped to the wrong network. Verify that the dhcp is correctly configured and you have correctly setup the ip helper address in the l3 device.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

thanks for the quick reply.

Weird thing is only Intel users have this problem - Mac & Broadcom users can connect just fine, so config is fine on the controller & SVI.

I double checked anyway and they are all correct.

What type of intel cars and firmeware they are using?

-Scott

The ones that I know of are 2200BG & 3945ABG's.

They're running 11.5.0.32 version of driver for the 3945's. (not sure of the version for the 2200's)

There are issues with the 2200's if you disable 1mb data rate. If they are using the latest code, then they shouldn't have any issues. I have been running the 3945 on my laptop and never had issues with the card. That firmware is okay, I'm running 11.5.0.36 on my T60 laptop. Is it all Intel or just few....

-Scott

All Intel users are affected, and we didn't disable 1Mbps rate (left alone as mandatory)

You have a good one here... Looks like you will have to take a trip out to the remote site to figure this one out.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: