cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0 voicemail ports not answering

d-frost
Level 1
Level 1

We are having an issue with a brand new installation of Unity 5.0 and voicemail ports not answering. The 1st voicemail port is the only one that answers. If it is in use and a second call comes in they get a busy/reorder tone.

Cisco Unity Version: 5.0

Build Version: 5.0(1)

Windows Server Version: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 build 3790 (Service Pack 2)

TSP Version: 8.2(1)

Demo License:

AMIS: Licensed

Languages: 2

Message recording full length: Licensed

License pooling: Licensed

Realspeak sessions: 36 (0 used)

Cisco Unity Subscriber: 50 (44 used)

Cisco Unity Subscriber Feature - Unified Messaging: 50 (0 used)

Voice recongition sessions: 24 (0 used)

Cisco Unity Subscriber Feature - Unity Inbox: 50 (0 used)

VPIM: Licensed

Voice Ports: 16

Secondary Unity server: Not licensed

Upgrade From Unity 4.x: Not licensed

CallManager System Version: 4.2.(1)sr1b

CallManager Administration Version: 4.1(0.11)

CallManager Installation ID: 4.2(1)sr1b

Exchange 2007 on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 build 3790 (Service Pack 2)

We are currently using a Unity 5.x demo license as ours was not here in time for the install. This is a new installation of Unity 5.x, new domain but existing CMs. Prior Unity 4.x and existing CMs were working correctly. This was built this past weekend and every other aspect of the installation works correctly.

I have created the Unity to CM integration twice, reinstalled TSP, deleted then reran CM voicemail port wizard, created a new Line Group and Hunt List and then changed it accordingly in the Hunt Pilot. I have restarted both Unity and CMs as well as the services several times. Every time the voiceports show up in CM as registered. Testing in UTIM passes. I have also tried resetting the ports in both Unity and CM.

I have 16 voicemail ports total with 1-12 answering calls, 13-16 for MWI and traps but not answering calls. Hunt List has ports 1-12 and is set up for Top Down as well set to try the next port if Busy or No Answer.

Disabling the 1st port in UTIM results in a busy/reorder tone for all calls and never rolls to the other ports.

Is this some limitation of the demo license? I did not see where there were any restrictions other than 90 day usage. We should have our license in the next 1-2 weeks.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am sure its something simple but I am at a loss at this point.

Thanks,

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

To me, it seems like it must be a CSS/Partition issue. From your description, I would look at the CSS/Partition of the Pilot Number as it can't seem to dial the rest of the Ports in the Line Group. As well, the IP Phones should not be able to dial the individual Port numbers (only the Pilot number) so something is wrong here.

There are some good ideas in this doc for Unity 5.x with CCM 4.2;

Calling Search Space

Click the name of a calling search space that you set up to contain the partition with all voice mail port directory numbers, as set in Step 9 of the "To Add Partitions and a Calling Search Space to Contain the Voice Mail Ports" procedure. For example, click "VMRestrictedCSS."

***Because this calling search space is not used by subscriber phones, subscribers are not able to dial the voice mail ports. However, subscribers can dial the voice mail pilot number.

To Add Partitions and a Calling Search Space to Contain the Voice Mail Ports

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cuintcucmskinny040.html#wp1097798

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cuintcucmskinny040.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the hunt list registered?

Did you enable the checkbox 'for VM usage'?

do you see something if using the call viewer or port status monitor for the other ports?

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the suggestions but yes the hunt list is registered. We also checked the box for VM usage. In the port status monitor you see the first call come in on port 1 but no other activity after that for subsequent calls.

From multiple phones we can dial the individual voicemail DNs and have 2 or more calls active. It just when it goes through the hunt group via the hunt pilot that it has a problem.

I also created a new line group, hunt list and hunt pilot using ports 10-12. You can call the new hunt pilot as well as the old one and both will answer one call only. A second call never rolls to the second port. So two ports are active but only one call per group.

I have tried about everything I can think of at this point. I have opened a TAC case but have not had much response as of yet. I had already tried most of their initial suggestions. I took some screen shots and grabbed some trace logs so we'll see if they come up with anything but this is getting frustrating.

try disabling the Cisco Messaging Interface, i just recalled some cases in which the service for some reason caused the same behavior

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I gave that it a try but didnt have any luck. Thanks for the suggestions, if you can think of any others I am all ears.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

To me, it seems like it must be a CSS/Partition issue. From your description, I would look at the CSS/Partition of the Pilot Number as it can't seem to dial the rest of the Ports in the Line Group. As well, the IP Phones should not be able to dial the individual Port numbers (only the Pilot number) so something is wrong here.

There are some good ideas in this doc for Unity 5.x with CCM 4.2;

Calling Search Space

Click the name of a calling search space that you set up to contain the partition with all voice mail port directory numbers, as set in Step 9 of the "To Add Partitions and a Calling Search Space to Contain the Voice Mail Ports" procedure. For example, click "VMRestrictedCSS."

***Because this calling search space is not used by subscriber phones, subscribers are not able to dial the voice mail ports. However, subscribers can dial the voice mail pilot number.

To Add Partitions and a Calling Search Space to Contain the Voice Mail Ports

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cuintcucmskinny040.html#wp1097798

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cuintcucmskinny040.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Well dont I feel like a dummy. Ran through the links, made some changes and voila, it works. I hadnt thought to question the CSS and Partitions as this was a previously working configuration or so it seemed as we had none of these symptoms previously. The upgrade to Unity was the only change.

Anywho, thanks for the suggestions and links. They were much appreciated.

David

Hi David,

You are most welcome :) I wouldn't feel like a dummy here at all, these changes always have something up their sleeve to test us. This is why another set of eyes really comes in handy. I'll probably need your eyes to help me out real soon ;)

Best of luck!

Rob