Views
Helpful
Replies

call forward when the phone is down

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hello!

Is there a way to set up the routing so that only when the phone is unreachable it is forwarded to e.g. GSM. I don't want no answer option and I tried no coverage but this wouldn't work. So if anybody knows, please help...

regards,

Goran

8 Replies 8

sohaildxbfze
Level 1
Level 1

What do you mean by "No coverage wouldnt work".

Check CSS/Partition assignment on no coverage

option

From help:

"Forward No Coverage External

Destination-This setting specifies the directory number to which an internal nonconnected call is forwarded when an application that controls that directory number fails. Use any dialable phone number, including an outside destination."

I checked CSS here but still getting that it cannot be forwarded. As I understand it this option should do it, if the phone fails (isn't registered) it should be forwarded.

Or am I wrong?

regards,

goran

what exactly is happening? where are you trying to forward? does the CSS-no coverage allow this call?

Regards,
Steve
Please rate all helpful posts.

you're not getting what this does (don't worry, i had the same issue until i did the CIPT exam)

the no coverage feature is set for the following scenario:

you have CFNA to a hunt pilot or pilot point, the call hunts thru all of the elements and turns out the final action is to go back to the same phone. if the phone does not answer instead of going in an infinite loop (actually not infinite, by default 12 hops max) if you configure the CF no coverage it will be used to route the call

that's why it says "when an application that controls that directory number fails"

what you're looking for is CF unregistered which is available in CUCM 4.2(x) and 6.x

CFA does the trick if it was set before the phone goes unregistered as far as i remember

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks a lot for the explanation, I suspected I was getting something wrong. So If I am running 5.1, there is no really way to set up the unregistered phone to be forwarded somewhere. CFA is not really a good option since it forwards always which I don't want.

Anyway thanks again,

GOran

yeah, that parameter was introduced in CCM 4.2(x) and 6.x flavors only, the other releases do not have the CF unregistered to configure it

sorry

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have tried to use CFWDNA Internal and CFWDNA External thinking that one would cause internal VoIP calls to be sent one way and external service provider calls to be sent another way, but it did not work.

Does anyone know how this feature works and if there are other ares of CCM that need to be configured to use it?

We are using CCM5.1 here.

Do you have the call classification set to "Off Net" for the external calls? This option is part of the gateway configuration. We are also running 5.1 and this works for us.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: