System crash errors

Unanswered Question
Feb 26th, 2008

Hello to all the Cisco hardware Gurus,

I work at a reseller and we've got a few SUP1A cards that are showing errors. They don't boot up initially so when i do a

rommon>dir bootflash:

(there's no flash card in slot 0)

they show the image and various crash errors.

The system then proceeds to boot and is okay for about 5-10 mins before displaying the following message:

*** System received a Software forced crash ***

signal= 0x17, code= 0x24, context= 0x618fc684

PC = 0x6012fe38, Cause = 0x1820, Status Reg = 0x34018002

Now - WE DON'T HAVE TAC access (before i get recommended to speak to them).

I was wondering whether it was worth just salvaging the MSFC2 cards and PFC and scrapping the card (that is if the fault isn't stored on them) or is there a better way?

Any advice and opinions would be useful.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
shivlu jain Tue, 02/26/2008 - 02:22

remove the hardware from the box and then add it again and reboot it. May be it can solve your problem.

Ibbywannit Tue, 02/26/2008 - 02:30

When you say remove the hardware from the box do you mean just take the linecard out of the chassis? Or do you mean remove all of the memory, MSFC2 cards PFC cards and then reinstall them back on the same (or different)SUP1A's?

If it's the first one - then i've tried this it doesn't work. If it's the 2nd one then could you please explain why this would work? Thanks for any assistance.

Ibbywannit Tue, 02/26/2008 - 07:14

I presume to change the memory i would need a new flash memory stick and also an image to place on the card after "squeezing" the image off it.

I'VE TRIED MESSING AROUND (by swapping the memory sticks off the different boards), but no joy as of yet. Has anybody got any other ideas?

This Discussion