Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN routing problem

FONKOU FOSSO
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have a vpn network with 4 sites, 4 cisco routers and i used Ipsec with preshare keys. I would like to redirect all Internet traffic of sites to a central site that will route it to an ISA server that will check the traffic. the vpn is already setup but i don't know how to redirectt ip packets on an interface by identifing the source address IP of the packet?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

if you are only concerned about clients using vpn traffic, what you could do is set all IE or firefox browsers (this can be automated) to use a proxy for internet access. The routers would only allow the ipsec traffic and not clients directly going over the internet.

Each client would send their web requests to the proxy (proxy should have a private ip address) and as long as you have the internal routing between offices working correctly they will route to the proxy server ISA.

hope this helps,

(please rate this post if you found it useful)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tomek0001
Level 4
Level 4

Can you be more specific, do you mean that you have 4 offices that interconnect to each other using IPSEC and you want to forward only the internet traffic to one site where ISA server resides?

Do you have direct access using split tunneling currently at the 4 offices?

that is the graph of the network i would like to get.

if you are only concerned about clients using vpn traffic, what you could do is set all IE or firefox browsers (this can be automated) to use a proxy for internet access. The routers would only allow the ipsec traffic and not clients directly going over the internet.

Each client would send their web requests to the proxy (proxy should have a private ip address) and as long as you have the internal routing between offices working correctly they will route to the proxy server ISA.

hope this helps,

(please rate this post if you found it useful)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: