cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fastdials / personal address book

reidg
Level 1
Level 1

for quickness can anyone point me in the direction of a quick system setup guide for FastDials and Personnal address book.

i been looking and can't come across a simple guide.

thanks

5 Replies 5

jarmitage
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Grant,

Are you looking for documentation on importing a long list of contacts into an employee's personal address book or setting up FastDials?

Alternatively, do you require something along the lines of a user-guide to distribute to your end users or for instruction purposes?

Cheers,

-James.

James,

just the plain old setup on the server and users subscribe. To be honest i'm pretty sure i've done it right, just doesn't seem to work. v4.1.3 system.

setup up the service, think i'm using the correct url's. subscribed the phone to it, and via the ccmuser web page can alter to Fastdials and address book. But when I go to phone and press the services button, although their there, Address book doesn't do anything, and Personal Fastdials gives and "unable to validate user error.

thanks

Grant

Grant,

Take a look at "Troubleshooting Personal Directory with Cisco CallManager 3.x and 4.x" (Document id 19684) located here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800b2eba.shtml

If you read down through the document there's a section that addresses your "The user has not been validated" error message.

It's possible you're encountering a known bug, or that you need to uninstall & reinstall your Active Directory plugin.

Hope that helps, regards,

-James.

Sorry to reply to my own post, but here's another resource for you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/3_1_1/ccmcfg/b09pd.html#wp1004975

This document covers more of the basic setup and installation of Personal Directory / FastDials, however it may also be of use.

-j.

James, thanks for the help, got it working was I deleted everything and restarted.