Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST Translation Question

Anthony W.
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am running a 10 digit dial plan in a CallManger 4.1 environment, but each site is only dials 4 digits internally. This is working just fine. The issue I have is when I drop into SRST mode; the phones register as full 10 digit numbers to the router and with no CCM translation rules, the internal 4 digit dialing goes away. I currently have voice translations expanding the number from 4 digits from the Telco to 10 digits and that is working just fine as well. I just am wondering if I can use those translations to allow internal 4 digit dialing or if there is any other way so this is as seamless to the user as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony

4 Replies 4

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00807f8b31.shtml

check out the part that entails four digit dialing to head office.

dan.cavanaugh
Level 1
Level 1

Under your call-manager fallback configuration, try using the DIALPLAN-PATTERN configuration. This should complete your solution.

I am struggling with same issue with CME/SRST config as shown.

========

telephony-service

srst mode auto-provision none

=========

I think Dialplan-pattern only works for DID calls ( I am not even sure about that as I have not tested that yet), but it definitely does not work for calls from ephones with CME/SRST. As no ephone/ephone-dn appears in running config there seems to be no way to use dialed number translation. I hope I am missing some thing as in pure SRST mode they used to have following config to achieve this:

call-back-manager

translation-profile incoming DNIS

voice translation-profile DNIS

translate called 2

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^8)/ /212888/

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gurvinder

The dialplan-pattern is active all the time within a CME config or durring an SRST failover event. I thought this was the scenario you were having issues with. If you take CM out of the picture, everything for 4 --> 10 digit translations should work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: