Replies

Mobility Manager across an ICT

j.sillers
Level 5
Level 5

Set-up

PSTN Gateway--MGCP-->CCM4.1.3--->ICT--->UCM5.1.3--->Mobility Manager/IP Phone

OutCall for MM --->MM-->ICT---4.1.3--->Original Gateway

So the question is this. Has anyone tried to place a call into a 4.1.3 system, forward it across an ICT to a 5.1.3 system with MM, then place the cooresponding OutCall back across the ICT and back out the original gateway to the person's cell phone?

When we do it, the call rings the IP Phone and the Cell but if you try to answer the cell, it sends a fast-busy.

I can't find anywhere that says this is not a viable configuration.

thanks

(rumor has it that it's working as designed, I just can't find the design reasoning anywhere)

8 Replies 8

Steven Landon
Level 1
Level 1

there was/is a bug. MM only supports G.711.

I am not sure if that was ever resolved

Regards,
Steve
Please rate all helpful posts.

Doesn't seem to be a codec issue. It seems to have something to do with using the same gateway for in and out call.

If you use a totally separate gateway it works...in our lab. We don't have that option at customer site.

so your running G.711 across your WAN and ICT to the other cluster?

I use the same gateway for In and out call all the time.

Regards,
Steve

hang on a sec......

how are you sharing the line (a requirement) with the CTI route point in this scenario?

MM was not designed to cross ICTs.

Regards,
Steve

To clarify a couple of things, the ICT is across a LAN not a WAN. The two clusters are in the same server room.

2nd - The call comes into the PSTN gateway on the 4-1-3 side, it gets delivered to an IPT Phone that is set to CFWDall to it's counterpart across the ICT. This is designed so we can move people one at a time to the new cluster.

So MM is tied to the IP Phone on the 5-1 side. The shared line occurs on that side.

have you run debugs onthe 4-1-3 side? Is there a cause code for the disconnect?

Regards,
Steve

Hey all - I've been working with Joshua on this and here is my two cents worth.

I think the issue has to do with what q931 messages get sent back across the ICT through the 5.1 cluster to Mobility Manager. The mobile connect call is being originated by MM on the 5.1 side. MM is looking for some sort of CONNECT_ACK on the Mobile Connect outbound call to determine if the call is picked up by the remote destination. With the 4.1 to ICT to 5.1 to MM, this connection information is not successfully communicated between UCM and MM....so the mobile connect pick up fails.

I have been told, but have not verified that this design will work with UCM 6. What I don't know is if it requires UCM 6 on both sides or if UCM 6 on the MM side is able to extrapolate the connection information from the ICT and deliver it to MM.

The current work around has a seperate gateway for the Mobile Connect calls to use....it's a pain because seperate route patterns, etc. have to be created.

The other thing we are looking for is ANY kind of documentation that addresses this issue.

Bug ID, CCO Doc, anything

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: