LWAPP won't joint controller. Possible US/Mexico Issue

Unanswered Question
Feb 26th, 2008
User Badges:

I have some LWAPPs in Mexico that will not join a controller set to MX country code until I first join them to a US controller, let it update the firmware, then join them to the MX controller. Is this normal? It seems very inefficient to do it this way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan . . .

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rob Huffman Tue, 02/26/2008 - 18:53
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Dan,

No, this doesn't sound normal at all. I have not worked with AP's in different countries (Canada only :) but it sounds like you have some sort of mix and match between Country codes on the AP's vs WLC. Maybe you could look into what Country Code is set on each WLC. In WLC 4.1.171.1 and later you can set the controller for Multiple Country Codes. Maybe this would help;

Release Notes for Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Lightweight Access Points for Release 4.1.171.0

Multiple country code support-This release allows you to configure up to 20 country codes per controller. This multiple-country support enables you to manage access points in various countries from a single controller. This feature is not supported for use with Cisco Aironet mesh access points.

-A (U.S., Canada, and Philippines), -N (Mexico, Australia, Hong Kong, India, and New Zealand),

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/c41170rn.html#wp257406

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode