cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Web Server

a.goldsmith
Level 1
Level 1

I've recently rebooted the CiscoWorks server, however after startup it seems as thought the 'CiscoWorks Web Server' service has not started. Upon trying to manual start it it quickly stops again.

I've check the event log but doens't really lead to any conclusions or further invesigation?

Currently I can't access the primary but can get to the backup CW box.

Any ideas how to resolve?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Known issue. You have multiple versions of libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll on this system. The first step is to make sure all CiscoWorks paths are first in the Path environment variable. After that, check C:\WINDOWS\system32 for libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll. If you have either of those two there, move them out of the way, then reboot. This problem should go away.

Note: this is fixed in LMS 3.0.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check to make sure the service startup parameter is still Manual for this service (as it should be more most CiscoWorks services except for Daemon Manager). If any service startup parameter is wrong, fix it, then reboot.

If the parameters check out, check the Event View for errors. If you don't see anything there, check the NMSROOT\MDC\apache\logs\error.log.

All the 'CiscoWorks' services are set to manual except the Daemon Manager which is Automatic.

I've found some error messages in the Eventlog (attached) and also the error.log. Looks like apache is the problem.

Not sure why?

Known issue. You have multiple versions of libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll on this system. The first step is to make sure all CiscoWorks paths are first in the Path environment variable. After that, check C:\WINDOWS\system32 for libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll. If you have either of those two there, move them out of the way, then reboot. This problem should go away.

Note: this is fixed in LMS 3.0.

Many thanks ONCE again. I've have since berated our Microsoft team for installing Legato without my prior knowledge, which adds its path at the start of the path line, and C:\program files\legato\bin contains both of the offending dll files.

Thanks once again.

Just finally, both the primary and backup CW2k were affected, how can I check that they are both in-sync etc.

What do you mean by "in sync?" In sync with regard to what?

That both servers see each other and the configuration is the same across both.

This is impossible. While LMS does offer some varieties of cross-server integration, there is no way to make sure the configuration is the same on both servers. That is, there is no failover synchronization in LMS like you will find in, for example, Cat 6500 switches.

The cross-server integration options you have available are DCR integration where both servers share and replicate the same DCR database. One server acts as a master with one or more attached slaves. This allows you to have one central device list and device credential list that both servers can use.

The second type of integration is Single Sign-On. SSO allows you to login once, then access all servers in a given domain without needing to re-authenticate with each. Just like with DCR, SSO requires one server to be the master, then you can attach one or more slaves.

Finally, you have the ability to register applications from remote servers onto another server's CiscoWorks homepage. Combine this with SSO, and you can create a launchpad on your homepage that can take you to each server transparently.

All of these integration features are documented in the online help as well as in the LMS deployment guides at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/prod_white_papers_list.html .

Joe,

Is there any news on the bugfix for this problem?

As I said in this thread, the bug is fixed in LMS 3.0. We have renamed our DLLs to avoid any conflict.

We also back-ported the fix to CS 3.0.6.

I had this problem with dbmonitor in LMS 3.0.1. The bug ref was CSCsm29546.

As we don't have a maintenance contract with Cisco, I cannot see the bug tracker. Slightly different error to the one in this thread, but caused by the same DLLs.

This bug is related to the Apache problem, but different. This bug is being fixed in LMS 3.1 due out this summer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: