cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local calling when CCM is in another state

bsugamele1
Level 4
Level 4

My CallManager cluster is in my office, and I'm trying to set up some phones in another office in another state over a WAN link. The phones are going to register with my gateway in my office, but the users in the remote office want to be able to dial local calls in that state. Has anyone set up something like this? I'm assuming I would need to set up a separate partition and CSS and route the local calls over our long distance trunks, but I don't know how to make this seamless to the end user. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you have two options for this, either way will work since only those phones will reach that partition.

depends on what you dial but i assume it's 9 for outside access

9.XXXXXXX discard digits -> predot

or

9.305XXXX discard digits -> predot

above assuming the first 3 digits are 305

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you're on the right track, what you're trying to do is very common. toll bypass is the name of this, the way you need to configure it is to have a route pattern for the phones at the remote location that will use the local gateway to route the calls, if the main site will use the PSTN to route the calls and a local GW users from that site should reach another route pattern which uses the local GW

if you mean users want to do 7 digit dialing while you need 10 digits to route the call, all you need to do is create a route pattern for remote users and use the called party transformation mask to add the 3 digits or use the prefix field to add the digits

HTH

HTH

java

Excellent, thanks for the reply. So do I still need a separate partition and CSS for these users, or will my local ones work for them also? Thanks for the help.

if it's for the 2nd option for remote users to dial local with 7 digits while you need 10 digits to route the call then you would need to create the 7 digit route pattern only available for remote users with partitions and CSS

HTH

HTH

java

If it's not too much trouble, could you provide me an example of how the route pattern would look? I haven't had to create one before. Thank you very much for your help.

you have two options for this, either way will work since only those phones will reach that partition.

depends on what you dial but i assume it's 9 for outside access

9.XXXXXXX discard digits -> predot

or

9.305XXXX discard digits -> predot

above assuming the first 3 digits are 305

HTH

HTH

java

Ok, I got it. Thank you so much for your help.

Well I have it set up, but it's not working for some reason. I set up a phone with the partition I set up, but when I try to make a local call in the remote state, I get the message "You must dial a 1 and the area code to complete this call". I set up the route pattern as 9.XXXXXXX with discard digits as PreDot, and a prefix digits of both the 913 area code and 1913 and it still won't work.

Am I missing something? Thanks.

***UPDATE***

I figured it out. I just needed to change the CSS on the phone, not just the extension attached to the phone. Thanks again for the help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: