cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to alter the CLID to be same as the redirected phone number?

robin99
Level 1
Level 1

In HQ site, I have an IP Phone set with CFA to my mobile number and when there is an incoming call from PSTN to that IP Phone, the Caller ID showed at my mobile number is the main line number of the HQ Site. I knew that PSTN provider had overwritten the outside number (original CLID) since it is not within the specified DID range. Is there a way to alter the calling number to be same as the redirected number in H323 gateway or Callmanager system? In the sample above, I would expect the calling number showed at my mobile is the IP Phone number. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In the CCM Administration page go to device,

select gateway,find your gateway.

In the gateway configuration page,go to outbound calls configuration setting select :last redirect number" from calling party selection..

hope this helps.

rate if it helps

Thans

thomas

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

You can try this with Translation pattern, partition and CSS.

I have tried that earlier but it can only map one number to another number (one to one). The problem I have is for mapping 1000 extensions automatically. Any idea? Thanks

Hi,

generally, telcos will not allow any clid other that the ones assigned to a line.

if they did, anyone would be able to place calls with an arbitrary clid (spoofing calling number), that is not desirable for obvious reasons.

The exception to the above is with some telcos in the US that don't care, and will accept and forward any clid you send. So, check with your telco.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi, thanks for your response. I understand the condition set by telco. Let me provide a more detail explanation on my case to make things clearer.

Topology:

Public mobile/analog phones --- PSTN Cloud --- H323 GW --- LAN --- (IP Phones)

I am using UCM 6.1. The DID range for IP phones is 5525-1XXX. Some phones have Call Forward All (CFA) set to respective mobile number. This means when there is incoming call from an analog phone (PSTN) to the IP phones which has CFA set, the caller will be diverted to an external mobile number. We know by default the original CLID sent to the H323 gateway will be the analog phone number and since the analog phone number is not part of DID range in customer's LAN, telco will overwrite the number to the main number ie: 5525 1000. What I need is to replace the original CLID with the respective IP Phone DID number so that the called party will know that the incoming call is forwarded from his/her own IP Phone.

Scenario: a user is making a call from public phone A# 5531-3425 to an IP Phone B # 5525-1090 (extension 1090). Phone B has CFA set to a mobile phone X. When mobile phone X receives the call, he should see the #55251090 as the calling party number instead of 5525-1000.

So far I can use a translation rule to alter the CLID for individual phone#. This means I have to create almost 100 translation rules to make the above scenario happen which is not scalable way.

I need a solution which can work for all IP Phones as described in the above scenario. Anyone can help? thanks

Hi,

I understand there's a setting in CM to make so that forwarded calls have as calling number, the forwarding number and not the original calling one.

Unfortunately not being expert in CM I don't know where this setting is is. Somebody else should be able to help!

In the CCM Administration page go to device,

select gateway,find your gateway.

In the gateway configuration page,go to outbound calls configuration setting select :last redirect number" from calling party selection..

hope this helps.

rate if it helps

Thans

thomas