cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External Calls not loud enough on 7911 IP Phones.

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an IP Telephony system running in my office. I have some 7970s, 7960, 7941s, 7912s, 7905s and 7911s. All PSTN calls are loud and clear on all Phone models except on the 7911. Is this a default problem or is there something I've not configured? Please I need help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Peter,

This is what I feared. The 7.2.x release of firmware was one of the Buggiest (is that a real word?) ever. You should upgarde the phone firmware to the one listed below;

Here is the method to load the files.

Cisco IP Unified Phone Model 7911G and 7906G Installation Instructions

Perform the following procedure:

Click the following URL: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-7900ser

Download the file that is listed to your hard drive.

If using the .exe;

When Using Cisco Unified CallManager earlier than Release 5.0

Login to the console of the Cisco Unified CallManager Server where you downloaded the installer.

Note the location where you saved the downloaded file.

Double-click the file to start the installation.

In the Welcome window, click Next.

In the License Agreement window, click Yes.

If a Read Only File Detected window pops up, click Yes.

After the installation finishes, click OK.

Reset all corresponding devices.

cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-3-3SR2.exe

Cisco IP Unified Phone Model 7911G and 7906G Alternate Firmware format

The Cisco IP Unified Phone Model 7911G and 7906G Firmware version 8.3(3)SR2 is also supplied in a zip file, as an alternative in case a Cisco Unified CallManager is not available to run the executable installer program. The name of this file is cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-3-3SR2.zip.

After unzipping the firmware files, they should be manually copied to the appropriate directory on the TFTP server.

cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-3-3SR2.zip

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Peter,

Hope things are well with you! This is likely a Firmware issue on the 7911's. I have read bugs associated with this exact issue. Let us know what they are running.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Good to hesr from you again. Am good. what do really mean by "Let us know what they are running"?

Hi Peter,

Sorry man, tell us what Phone Firmware the 7911's are using. You can look under the Device Defaults page via ccmadmin to show the Firmware.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

The Phone Firmware is SCCP11.7-2-1-0S

Hi Peter,

This is what I feared. The 7.2.x release of firmware was one of the Buggiest (is that a real word?) ever. You should upgarde the phone firmware to the one listed below;

Here is the method to load the files.

Cisco IP Unified Phone Model 7911G and 7906G Installation Instructions

Perform the following procedure:

Click the following URL: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-7900ser

Download the file that is listed to your hard drive.

If using the .exe;

When Using Cisco Unified CallManager earlier than Release 5.0

Login to the console of the Cisco Unified CallManager Server where you downloaded the installer.

Note the location where you saved the downloaded file.

Double-click the file to start the installation.

In the Welcome window, click Next.

In the License Agreement window, click Yes.

If a Read Only File Detected window pops up, click Yes.

After the installation finishes, click OK.

Reset all corresponding devices.

cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-3-3SR2.exe

Cisco IP Unified Phone Model 7911G and 7906G Alternate Firmware format

The Cisco IP Unified Phone Model 7911G and 7906G Firmware version 8.3(3)SR2 is also supplied in a zip file, as an alternative in case a Cisco Unified CallManager is not available to run the executable installer program. The name of this file is cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-3-3SR2.zip.

After unzipping the firmware files, they should be manually copied to the appropriate directory on the TFTP server.

cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-3-3SR2.zip

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the help, but I still noticed the the problem still persists onsome 7911 IP Phones. External calls received on some 7911s are clear while others are not clear. what's your view about this.

Also I also noticed that after installing the firnware, my MOH no longer plays. What could be the issue?

Hi, do you have T1 or E1 on the GW, if so, can you issue "show controllers T1 (or E1) and post output here ?

I suggest using 8.2.2SR4 as Fw on the 7911, unfortunately as Rob said, there are too many FW versions around and many are very buggy.

Hello,

I don't have any T! or E! on the gateway. I only have FXO cards. Attached is the "sh run" output.

Hello Rob,

Could there be a solution to this issue? Also, can connection plar work on Cisco IP Conference Phone?

Hi, please follow the steps in this document:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080477a06.shtml

to correctly set FXO impedance. After that, is the volume is still too low, you can adjust with "input gain".

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: