IPCC Enterprise with IPIVR

Unanswered Question

I have IPCC Enterprise with IPIVR. I have one pg with all my agents on that pg. My problem is regarding RONA when the call is sent to an agent. I have created a simple test script. The call comes into the script and I do a "Queue to Skill Group Node" in the script. The routing client at this point is my Callmanager PG. ICM rings the agent phone. If the agent answers the call then all is well. If the agent does not answer the phone it just keeps ringing. I have Enable Target Requery checked in my "Queue to Skill Group Node". My understanding of how this is supposed to work is as follows. After the timeout defined in Agent Desk Settings (ring no answer time) is exceeded then the call should be pulled back and fall out the failed leg of the "Queue to Skill Group Node". The agent should then be put in a not ready status. This does not seem to be working. Has anyone had any experience with this. This seems like such a simple thing but it does not seem to work. Thanks, Mike

Overall Rating: 0 (1 ratings)
Zin.Karzazi Wed, 02/27/2008 - 08:43
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Did you specify the Dialed Number Script?

Configuration Manager-> Agent Desk Setting List-> "Ring no answer dialed number" should be the Dialed Number of your newly created RONA Script.

Also make sure the RONA time on your CCM is higher than the one specified on the Agent Desk List.

Hi. Thanks for the response. I think we are getting to the root of the problem. My concept of how this works is wrong. I need a RONA script? As per your suggestion I created a RONA script and added the number to the Agent desk settings and it seems to work. I guess with Callmanager and/or IPIVR as a PG RONA works differently than described in any other document I have found. Thanks again for your help. Regards, Mike

jomcgaug Thu, 02/28/2008 - 19:34
User Badges:

Also make sure to disable Target Requery. It is not supported with IPIVR.

ageloskapousizis Fri, 03/07/2008 - 04:51
User Badges:

Hi guys. I have the exact same issue. As far as I understood, I have to create a differenet script for RONA and then, just "call" this script from the Agent Desk settings. My question is what this RONA script will contain, in order to re-queue the caller back to the proper queue?

Thanks, Agelos

david.macias Fri, 03/07/2008 - 04:58
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Typically, RONA scripts contain a call type node, a queue to skill group node with higher priority, and then send the call for queue treatment. This would be the simplest of RONA scripts.

david

Hi. I have a rona script which requalifies the call type. I then actually used the same script as the caller originally called in on and just assigned a different calltype to it for reporting. That means there are two call types associated with the script. I then have an if statement in the script which sets a higher priority to the call based on whether or not the call was RONA or not. Mike

ageloskapousizis Fri, 03/07/2008 - 05:13
User Badges:

Hi David,

I'm not so experienced, so I have to clear out some points.

I created a new script to be used as RONA script. I've inserted the Call Type node and choose the proper call type. Then, I inserted a Queue to Skill Group node and I choose the same Skill Group as my original script. Of course, I set the priority to 1, in order to be higher than my original. My question is where I have to send the call in the succeed step? How the call will be re-queued and go to the top of the queue? Finally, will the agent will become Not Ready automaticaly?

No the agent will have to make him/herself ready again. The script has to be created as before. After you queue the call you have to do a run external script again. Remember that after the call RONA's that it is no longer sitting on a CTI port in the IVR so you have to go through all the same steps - translation route to vru - queue to skill group - set priority - run external script. Mike

ageloskapousizis Fri, 03/07/2008 - 05:51
User Badges:

I'm a little bit confused. I will explain what I've done until now.

I have a script called "scripttest" which has a START -> TRANSLATION ROUTE TO VRU -> QUEUE TO SKILL GROUP -> RUN EXTERNAL SCRIPT, as seen in the attachment picture. I have another script called "RONA_1" which is exactly the same and the only difference is the priority of the Skill Group that is set to 1. My question is, first of all, if this is correct and then how to connect these two scripts to work together.

Attachment: 

Hi you have to create a CALLTYPE for your Rona script. You then schedule the script - you then put the dialed number for your Rona script in the Agent Desktop Settings and define a ring no answer value. When your original script calls the agent and he doesn't answer it will call your rona script. Functionally that should work. Mike

Actions

This Discussion