cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless RF Keyboard Solution

brschaub08
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working with a customer who has a very large home (approx 7000 sq ft) with one computer at one end and many plasmas throughout the house. He wants to be able to roam the house with one wireless keyboard while receiving the video through the plasmas. The plasmas are all linked into the home network so that is not an issue. The issue is the wireless keyboard. I have looked at using a Bluetooth solution(Anycom USB-250 with supposed 400' range) and Bluetooth compatible keyboard; but now am researching the Wireless-Computing RF-250 keyboard (http://wireless-computing.com/products/index.php). My question is would the Cisco Aironet 1230 AG work with the RF-250 to extend the range (or multiple Aironets) of the keyboard throughout this large home? Do you recommend another Cisco product?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

chris-marshall
Level 1
Level 1

You might look into offerings from crestron.com or amx.com. They offer residential and commercial RF (some 802.11 based, some not) remotes to work with home automation products. I didn't see any keyboards per se, but perhaps one of their touchpanels can double as a kb.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card