cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing Clusters with CWLMS 3.0

davepeat2
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up several clusters on our network. The members show up with a -1, -2, etc. They show up as alias' in CW. How do you configure CW to manage them?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A cluster needs to be added specially to DCR. First, you need to add a Cluster Device object to DCR. This is done by going to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management > Add, and specifying that the device type is Cisco Cluster Management Suite. For this object, specify all of the credentials as you would for a normal device.

Then, you need to add each cluster member (including the commander). To do this, go back and click the Add button, but instead of adding a Standard device, select "Cluster Managed". Here, specify only the Display Name, then select the cluster, and specify the member number. The member number must be the same that is configured on the switches. The commander needs to be added as member number 0.

First, thank you very much for the help. But, when I create this and click finish, it gives me an error and doesn't complete. Now, I am doing:

Management Type=Standard

Device Type=Cisco Cluster Management Suite

Display Name=Cluster_A1_FL0_CC which is NOT the actual host name, OR I give it

Display Name=CCL-A1CR-200-101 Which IS the actual Host ID.

Host Name=CCL-A1CR-200-101

Domain name=xyz.com

IP Address=The actual IP address of the commander

Then Add to list and check Use Default Credentials.

Then I click Next through the default credentials, and when I click Finish, I get a box that says it was unsuccessful and it isn't created.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Also, the cluster commander and the members ARE in the DCR. Do they need to be deleted first?

If they are already in DCR, but not managed in this fashion, then they will need to be deleted before you will be able to re-add them properly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: